A Company/Organisation/Institution may apply for Corporate Membership in that it recognises and supports the goals of the Society in the:
Acknowledgment that "Engineering" brings together a group of related professions upon which Society relies for the creation of the built environment that encompasses the materials available and the items manufactured to operate within a sustainable world
Recognition that Professional Engineers have different specialisations, however, the specialisms are all based on a number of fundamental principles such as strength of materials and the ability to withstand, react to or make use of natural forces
Provision of a professional home for engineers who have a sufficiently deep understanding of these fundamental principles and are able to take an innovative approach to the problems to be addressed within a society and their clients.
Reinforcement of the achievement of both academic and vocational skills within the engineering professions.
Maintenance of a register for Professional Engineers who meet the Society’s requirements for entry.
and holds the absolute right to grant to individual Professional Engineers on its Register both in the UK and overseas, the right to use the post-nominal letters PEng or PEng(UK).
The Corporate Member will work with the Society to promote;
- high standards of expertise and professionalism in the practice of engineering
- the development of inventions and improvements in the practise of engineering and the dissemination of information
- improvements in the laws relating to matters of engineering practise
Corporate Members will;
- pay the designated yearly fee, £250 for 2017, however, where the Corporate Member employs 2 or more registered members of the Society the designated corporate fee will be £150 for 2017
- individuals working for the Corporate Member who meet the criteria for membership and registration will be eligible for special rate membership
- receive a Corporate Member Certificate
- receive an electronic Corporate Member Logo which may be used for appropriate publicity and promotion of their organisation
- be listed in the journal “Professional Engineer” and on the website
- have the opportunity to provide a 1/6 page advertisement in the journal “Professional Engineer”
- have the opportunity to provide a full page editorial in respect of their business in the journal “Professional Engineer” and receive 10 copies of that journal following their acceptance into membership
- have the opportunity to provide relevant articles for consideration.